In 1890, Vi Hung Church was built with leaves by Mua O canal, 2 km from the current location. Between 1897 and 1915, the church was moved to Xa No canal, where it was renovated using leaves, tiles and wooden pillars.
In 1925, Father Phero Cao Phuoc Nhan rebuilt the entire structure employing solid bricks and tile roofing. The church was inaugurated in 1943 along with a school and a parish house. It unfortunately suffered from damage during the wars.